International Law and History of the Vietnam War 101

History of the Vietnam War 101
Forum rules
Keep it clean!

International Law and History of the Vietnam War 101

Postby Henry Rhea » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I just found the "Register" link, clicked on it and in reading the "Terms of Use" agreement clause I found the following:

“You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “History of the Vietnam War 101” is hosted or International Law.”

I understand that the board owners/administrators wants to cover themselves and put responsibility for individual posts where it belongs, but I also find the inclusion of the requirement to not post any thing that might be in violation of “International Law” to be a requirement that I cannot agree to abide by as a blanket agreement for posting here. This could put me in a position of agreeing to abide by international laws as drawn up and passed by the UN that are entirely in disagreement and opposition to United States Law and to which we have never agreed to abide. This is a requirement that smacks of leftist ideology and subversive to American ideals and sovereignty. I’m an American; not an internationalist. What is the intent of the Board owners/Administrators in including this particular stipulation?

I was able once already to post here without registering, simply by filling out the Username, Subject and Confirmation Code boxes. Is registering a requirement? It is only in the regestering page that I find the user agreement clause.

Henry
Henry Rhea

Re: International Law and History of the Vietnam War 101

Postby bill » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:50 am

hello henry,

no, you don't have to register to log in or to post.

that material you quoted was boiler plate that comes with this forum software. let me see if i can modify it

bill
bill
Site Admin

Re: International Law and History of the Vietnam War 101

Postby Henry Rhea » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 am

Hi Bill. I see. Thanks for the response. Hopefully you will be able to do that.

Henry

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 am.
Henry Rhea

Return to History of the Vietnam War 101